Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences is a multidisciplinary institution of higher education and an efficient actor in education and research, development and innovation (RDI) in the region of South Ostrobothnia in West Finland.
The number of full-time students is 4800 and academic and other staff members 350. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences has 19 Bachelor and 7 Master degree programmes. Three degree programmes are totally taught in English (International Business, Nursing and a Master’s Degree in International Business Management). Also double degree programmes are available in the fields of technology and business.
Facts about SeAMK
- 5000 students, 10 % international students
- 200 academic teaching staff
- 150 other staff members (incl. RDI and administration)
- 19 bachelor degree programmes
- 8 master degree programmes
- 3 degree programmes totally taught in English
- Double degree agreements in 9 countries
- 12 exchange programmes
- 200 partner universities in more than 50 countries in Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Africa and Australia.
- SeAMK was founded in 1992 through a merger of various institutes, each of which had a history of up to more than 100 years.
Profile areas of SeAMK
In education and in RDI activities as well as in networks SeAMK has concentrated on the profile areas listed below. These areas of expertise are being developed based on regional and international needs and our special strengths.
- New processes for the food industry
- ICT solutions for food and agriculture
- Bioenergy solutions for farms in a low-carbon society
- Safety in the food chain
- Green care and tourism as a side activity of farms
Smart and energy efficient systems
- Increasing competitiveness, productivity and renewal in manufacturing and building industries
- Agile industry: promotion of the utilization of digital manufacturing and industrial internet
- Construction of wooden buildings and use of wood in renovation as well as digitalization of construction processes
Welfare and creativity
- Quality and well-being in working life, including management development
- Proactive and empowering services for elderly people and families
- More well-being from cultural services
- Digitalization in health care and social services
Entrepreneurship and growth
- Business trasfers
- Growth entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial intentions and student entrepreneurship
- Strategic business development
- Development of entrepreneurship ecosystems